Friday, March 1, 2013

Venturing Victoria - The Great Ocean Road

I am loving this scene... Enjoying the magnificent view and feeling the touch of the chilling breeze.

This, is one of the view from the renown destination, named The Great Ocean Road, Victoria. There is 0 reception throughout the journey, and 0 commercial stop. It took us ages just to get to reach Princetown to get a meal/pizza (P/s: Didnt meet any prince though XD). Along the way, awed by the scenic view of the farm, a view that hard to seen in the urban town. 

*Cut short*
Finally, we reached the Port Campbell National Park, the place where the famous 12 Apostles as well as the   London Arch.

 Did I do the "headcount"? Nah... Too busy taking photos, just to share of of the best shot of mine XD Picture paints a thousand word! There is nothing much to say, but just immersing myself in the spectacular view along the rock.

The blow hole at the Loch Ard George is on the left and the front right is the Razor Rock. I cant help myself but just admiring the trace and  the texture of these limestone the lookout.  

Due to the time limit, (rushing for sunset...and lack of guidance in fact), I didnt manage to go nearer to the London Arch... In fact, I was so absorbed to the other side of the view, and by the time I realized that this is actually our last stop, I only recalled that I have not seen the London Arch. On my way back to the couch, I saw the "bridge" from afar... Zoom it, and found out that it is an arch... And I assumed that that is the famous London Arch aka London Bridge is falling down~~ 

This was the last stop for the whole trip, the Gibson steps... One thing in common with Batu Caves.. Is to count the steps!  LOL The height of the vertical cliff is 70m and it took 86 steps to the beach (I counted along the way and verified the data is correct XD). Reached the shore, and I am anticipating for the sunset view. I fell in love with the colour tone, the rusty and muddy brown can blend in so well with the sky blue...

Unfortunately, that was a cloudy day... We could not really enjoy the "real" sunset experience, vibrant orange-red-purple, but  this mixture of colours, the texture of the cloud, the sky and the ocean... could be considered another beauty that you hardly get... 

This is the beauty of mother nature, and I am fortunate enough to experience this breath-taking scene in my life. I am unsure where did I read the article from, but it stated that this nature scenic view will no longer exist in certain time frame due to the erosion of the limestone.. Especially the London Arch as well as the 12 Apostles. If by any chance you have the opportunity to visit, try out the sunset view at 12 Apostles and sun rise at the London Arch. Those are the best view for that timing (according one of the backpackers).

The whole trip took us about 8 hours drive through the winding coastal road (?) and rushing back to the city through highway... That concludes the Great Ocean Road journey!

My dearest families and friends...I apologize for not updating in a sequential manner (eg the South Australia and the Ayer Rocks trip), do bear with me for my random posting ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?