Tuesday, August 6, 2013

#58 Appreciation: Siblings

I have one younger brother, but we hardly on a good term. Not due to something serious but mostly some childish act between us.

Our age gap is 6 years, and people thought we should be able to "live in harmony", but the fact is always the opposite. We argue over which passenger seat/back seat, we fight for the last piece of Oreo (and debating over the size of it even when we break the last piece into half). Most importantly, I care for my "rebellion-stage" brother, whom I added him as friend in Facebook, and being un-friended by him twice and blocked once in the past 3 years. Simple reason: I just advised him or mentioned something about what he posted on FB status.

Regardless how often we fight against each other, I still love him. I love flipping through the photo album and there are pictures of me hugging and cuddling him when he was a baby, paying at the swing with him, selfie with him etc. It is an undeniable fact that he is my brother and always will be. Despite all the "fights" we had, there are times where I am touched by his thoughtful act. I still can remember the first time I was abroad for 2 months and it was his birthday where I cant celebrate with him. He told mum that he wants to save a piece of cake for me until I am back, which was 1.5 months later. Although he ended up finishing it (because the cake wont last), this small lil thought actually make me cry.... He was 13 years old that year...

For now, I just hope that he can be more mature (by not rebel, disappointing others, and have more self-control) and I do look forward to be with him as a supportive family member like I always do :))))

Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?