Tuesday, August 6, 2013

#59 Appreciation: Read

I always appreciate the fact that I am being born in an era where females are able to study in school and being educated.

I look at my grandma, who was being born before WW2 in a rural village. She only speaks dialect and basic common language and she cant read and write. Therefore, she seldom flip through newspaper and listen to news like my grandpa did. She has been working throughout her life, as a rubber tapper and planter, where she is being 'trained' to be as strong as men, even though she is 70+ this year. She cant stay still at home, even when she came to our house in the city. She dont enjoy TV programmes and she always find her way to do something such as house chores.

I am not pitying her, because this is what she enjoys. I somewhat felt relieve that I am sent to school to learn how to read, write and speak. I am thinking, at least when I aged, I still could communicate with the rest, write a letter and even read newspaper.

I love you grandma, stay healthy always!!!!

Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?