Wednesday, July 3, 2013

#28 Appreciation: Sleep

Since we are young, we most of us tend to stay awake till late night, regardless how often the elderly advise us to rest early and have a good night sleep. Like my mom, she reads lots of health magazine and almost everyday, she reminds me to sleep early (because human body starts to detox around 11pm) before she goes to bed (about 10pm). Being a stubborn youngster, I just nod and continue with my assignments, work, dramas, blogs etc.

I understand the consequences of not having enough sleep or not sleeping early. The effects of having sleep debt are aged looks, slower response, blank, headache, low focus and concentration, excess acid etc. I bet lots of us know about it but we cant be bother to practise the habit because we have lots of things to deal with, we want to have fun and more. When it reaches a busy period (eg closing, assignment, exam), we sacrifice more sleeping time and we thats the time where we feel like, having time to sleep and rest is such a "luxury"... Yet, after those period, we are back to the square. I guess, we only be grateful for the sleeping time when we are force to stay awake rather than voluntarily being a night owl.

I want to sleeeeeeeeep! (Need to make it a habit to sleep earlier... sigh)

Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?