Friday, July 5, 2013

#29 Appreciation: Water

I am a "drinker"... specifically referring to water. I dehydrate very fast, and I sweat a lot... I am born this way... Our body compose of 70% of liquid and we need to drink at least 8 glasses of water (approx 2 litre) per day to keep ourselves hydrated and carry out our daily routine. To me, I need for than 2 litre. I used to drink 2 litre per half day and my parents are quite worried because of this. They afraid that my kidney cant handle such huge amount of water and the kidney might be damage as both kidneys have been continuously filtering the water etc. Not sure which kind of test need to be taken to examine whether my kidneys are function normally, but normal blood test result seems Ok..

I still can recall back in 1997 during the haze season, everyone was encouraged to drink more water. But to worsen the situation, it was not been raining for quite a long time and the air was so dusty and dry. I think the water reserve was dried up and there was not water supply in the state. No water for drinking, bathing, cooking, washing... It had been a nightmare for many of us. The government ended up sending tanks of water to each neighbourhood and we will take all the bucket and bin we have just to queue for water.

I consider that year was one of the year where people suffered a lot. Until today, I still feel how fortunate to have water supply (even better, clean water supply) to be used and drink. Every single drop counts!

*ps: really hate it when there is not enough water and ended up with an ulcer!

Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?