Thursday, July 18, 2013

#39 Appreciation: Opportunity

With economy not doing well, unemployment rate is one of the common issue arise within the community. Even when companies are recruiting, they often want to cut of the training cost and wish the candidate to work efficiently and effectively. They want a high ROI.

But hello~~~~ Every year there are heaps of fresh graduate from the university, and depending on their background, not all of them will have work experience! Is just like a simple egg and hen question, which come first? If the employer dont give the opportunity to a fresh graduate, the fresh graduate will not be able to gain experience, and without experience, how are they going to work or being promoted? One looks for job to get experience but the job is seeking for people with experience. This cycle thing is driving me nuts!

That is just an example that I illustrated. Regardless which kind of opportunity that I am referring to, I am always grateful for the chance given, even with simple thing, an opportunity to do something that I have not experience, to meet a total stranger, to attend some functions that is out of my comfort zone. There is a saying "Opportunity is available to those who are ready.", and my question is, who determined the state of readiness? Chance and opportunity does not solely depend on one's state, but it also rely on the availability in the context. I regard Opportunity as  "Luck + Readiness", so just be ready and when we are ready, is all depends on when the luck arise. Saying this, luck is not something controllable by anyone, any device anything. Just need to be thankful when the lucky star shines on you :)

Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?