Monday, July 8, 2013

#32 Appreciation: Waitstaff

Given the options to choose between an office job and wait-staff job, I am guessing most of us would definitely select the former? Given the fact that the former paid is usually higher compare to the latter. Yet, it is still possible that people are just enjoying servicing people.

To earn additional expenses (for bubble teas, dining out, movies etc) and my travelling plans, I have to work my butt off for that additional cost that I need to incur, and I realized that being a waitstaff is not as easy, stress-free as what people usually thought. Besides the running and serving, waitstaff have to clean the table and the food waste, clean and dry the cutleries etc. In a day, I realized that waitstaff cant live without hand lotion, if one can afford to have it.

Often not, waitstaff got all the "scolding" and complaining from the customer, when at times is not their fault. When the food is not out, when the order is wrongly entered (due to poor handwriting by the customer themselves - for self-ordered restaurant chain), when there is long queue, when there is lack of floor staff, when there is a spill... Regardless the incident happens is the fault of the wait staff or not, they are the one who usually will get the target.

To all customers who paid for to dine in for the food and ambience, please be considerate and be patience (in particular during peak hours), waitstaff dont deserve poor treatment when they work so hard for it...

Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?