Friday, September 6, 2013

#73 Appreciation: Kindness

There is a Cantonese saying "It's kind to help, but it's also reasonable not to". This statement pinpoint that one should not take anyone for granted just because he or she "suppose to" do so. There is also a need to consider the context as well as the culture and the upbringing of oneself and the other party.

This thought train me to be independent and not to expect help from others. It might sound pathetic but looking from another perspective, it magnify one's help when they offer and I will be much grateful on what's happening and in return doing something good for the next person.

One of the simple things that touches my heart recently. I have a large package with reasonable weight that I have to retrieve from A location which take about 40 mins public transport ride from my place. After retrieving the package, I have to head to B location for a formal networking dinner. I am expecting and prepared to carry that package by myself with heels from A to B. At location A, I met with members from the same society and I kiddingly asked him a favour to help me to carry that package back. After trying to lift the package, he is fine to help me with that since he is not going to Location B (Btw, he carried the package by public transport as well.). This is an unexpected help that I am offered, and I really really appreciate his kindness in doing so as it meant quite a lot for me. At least I wont be carrying 3 bags (which I originally have with me), in a suit and heels with extra large package.

A kind offer doesn't occurs often, so never take anything for granted and thought that anyone suppose to do anything for someone.

Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?