Monday, September 9, 2013

#88 Appreciation: Teachers

Teachers, especially those who deals with juniors and adolescence, are those equipped with strong mind and enormous amount of patience. They are the one who add on value to the patch we chosen and to guide us through with their knowledge and expertise. I never thought that teachers can have such impact on one's life, until I reflect and discover that who I am today is a result of my teachers faith in me.

When I was the class monitor, I was strict about the rules and always written down the name of the students who chat. I was so strict and “heartless” that portion of my classmates dislike me and complain to the homeroom teacher about it. Yet, my homeroom teacher back me up saying that "She is the class monitor, and she has the duty to make sure the class in quiet when teachers are not around. If everyone is whispering, the accumulated whisper will then become noise.". This incident made me has the strong feeling to carry out my duty in order, despite that people may dislike what I am doing. (Well, we cant please everyone in life dont we?)

Another incident is when my language teacher acknowledged my creativity via my indifferent style of writing during an essay writing competition. Because of her, I have more confidence in my creative writings and believe that I could express my view although it will be indifferent from the rest (and being against by the judging panel.)

There is always negative incidents after the positive ones - including politics and favouritism. Yet I believe due to these "lessons" and faith instil in me, I have became who I am today, a better person today.

Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?