Sunday, June 16, 2013

#10 Appreciation: Dad

In conjunction with Father's Day, I would like to dedicate my utmost appreciation, with loves and lots of hugs, to my dearest dad.

Do I have the greatest dad on Earth? Nah! He is not. He is not flawless, neither a perfect father nor an ideal husband. He is a baby boomer, stubborn, short and only listen to his friends' advice (not the family's). He is hard to communicate with, since he 'is always right', and he dislike me to touch him, ever since I entered secondary school. He always scold us when we did something wrong or being careless, but is always "OK, reasonable and understandable" when same things happened on him rather than us.

In spite of all these driving-the-family-nuts-attributes, he is still my beloved dad. He does not show his affection obviously but in his own way. He never spent more than RM50 on his apparels (unless forced to), yet he willing to spend much more than that on the family. He usually pick out all the things we love to eat from his plate to us and he himself will eat that dish that ended up with just plain noodles and some chives. To get an original cassette 11 years ago, cost a bomb and he say he dont allow us to waste such money (family condition is not that well back then). Over the weekends, I found that wish list item on my desk. He cares about our education and has been planning all the financials years ago and repeatedly tell us not to worry to much, although he start off the conversation with a worrying tone and constantly threaten us on currency and interest rate. He acted as if everything just fine when I am leaving but I heard from my aunt that he used to sigh about how quickly time passed and I have been away for couple of months.

I am thankful to have him as my dad, despite some of his characters are so annoying and irritating. This is my dad, the one who express his love in a hidden way.

Love ya dad!

Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?