Sunday, June 23, 2013

#17 Appreciation: Multilingual

Being born in a multicultural country, rich with ethnicity, languages and religion, it really do feel great when I am able to converse in a few languages compare to my peers from different country, even though I dont master all language from my country.

Blessed with the opportunity to study in a school that taught in my mother tongue, and learning science and maths in English, I am well verse in at least those two language. Unfortunately, due to the infrequent use of the national language my proficiency is not as good as my secondary school years, but with the chance to mix  with those ethnic friends, I do use the language on and off.

With globalization and increase in expectation from graduates abroad, there is an urge for many people to learn more languages. My ability to converse in different languages might not be as advantageous as it used to be since many people are capable to do so, yet it has been an enjoyable journey as I start to appreciate the language, have better understanding of my various ethnicity friends, thus better relationship :)

Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?