Thursday, June 20, 2013

#14 Appreciation: Education

The right to attend formal education is not available for everyone in the world, especially in the regional area of the third world country. With globalization, technology advancement and human mentality, the importance of education has been amplified, and there is a saying that 'life can be improved through education'.

Knowledge can be gained without formal education, but I do believed that education definitely able to enhance the knowledge that I gained somewhere-else. It is undeniable that formal education is useless without application, as per highlighted in one of the famous Chinese proverbs  "读万卷书不如行万里路" (meaning: Practical experience is more useful than theory). Nonetheless, education is an initial exposure that serve as an introduction to the world, yet it is also depends on how a person will proceed thereafter.


I am glad that I have given the opportunity to continue to study, without facing a 'force' drop-out situation (due to financial issue or poor performance). I have been to kindergarten, completed my primary and secondary school years (Year 4-12), entered into university and still able (and thanks to dad) and afford to further study. I feel blessed.


Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?