Sunday, June 30, 2013

#24 Appreciation: Perseverance

Determination and perseverance, attributes that worth for me to further improve in. I am not as strong-will in certain aspect but I believe I will gradually improve as long as I desired it so badly. I am a person that prefer certainty, so I always want to get things laid out properly and being planned in advance. I cant wait, which makes me wanted to know the end result as quickly as possible, although I do procrastinate a little especially during the stress out/burn out period, and I tend to get distracted a lil.

That is the time my will is being challenged, to focus or to relax. I also discover that when I am nervous or fear, I will be distracted and to do some other items. Focus, focus, focus! The more I want, it seems further apart. It stroke me so badly when I watched the movie "The Green Lantern" (I am quite a late adopter).

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak... makes your constructs feeble."
"You must ignore your fear. When you're afraid, you can't act - you can't act, you can't defend - you can't defend, you die!"
Such beautiful quotes just continuously echoing inside my head and it made me realized that my will is not strong enough because I afraid I fail. I cant maintain my diet/exe, because I afraid that even though I tried I still dont get obvious result. I start to doubt about all my actions and efforts and I fear to not live up to expectation. I self analysed about my past and I found that my failure in my Standard 3 (Year 6) had made fear of failure to live up to one's expectation. That could be the reason that the further I go, the possibility for me to stop and not completing it (avoidance?). Now that I realized, I want to step out of it, train myself to be more strong willed, and challenge myself to be confident and succeed in it.

Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?