Monday, June 17, 2013

#11 Appreciation: Mom

How can I miss out my mum after my dad post?

Here it goes...

My mother came from a poor family background, yet she is the only child among the 7 kids, who worked all her way through to the city and start her life even though it was tough back in the early 80's. She was outgoing, daring, take action/implementer, hard-working, learner, independent, just...

My mother sacrificed her careers for the me and my brother. She took care of us, she prepared lunch box for us, she drove us to school and has became a full time housewife ever since. Now, both of us have grown up, and she has not been engaging to the work force for nearly 14 years. Due to such long absence, she is now not who she used to be. She become worries and thinks too much and her heath deteriorate due to the over-work at her young age. I feel bad for her at the same time I really do appreciate what she has done for us and the family. Without her sacrifices, I am unsure who I am today or how the family relationship will be.

Today, she can be quite 'weird'/random, and kiddish (?), the act that is regarded as inappropriate for her age in the eye of society/public. But this is her way in revitalising herself as an adorable, young mum :). I can feel the inner child beneath her, as an adult mature mum, which such identify has been structured throughout her life experience and the rough reality. I am glad that she can relax more now, and regain her young self.

I used to tell her that I dont wish to grow up, because being an adult means forgoing lots of fun and my true self as we are wary about how people perceive us and what people expect from us. This is life. Is always easy advice people to ignore others, yet hard to do so. Somehow I can foresee that I will be like her in the next 20 years.

She has such high tolerance (to me) more than anyone else. I know I shouldn't and I can feel my guilt, but at times, I just couldn't control my tone and voice. Immediately after that, I apologise to her... She is nag-gy, but whose mum doesnt nag :) Is just her way of showing she cares...

My mom is not a role mother either, but she definitely is a superwoman in my heart. Love ya~

Follow my 100 Days of Appreciation

No comments:

Post a Comment

我的世界,你是有什么感想呢?